Saturday, January 19, 2013

There are as many ups & downs with liver dogs as there are for fund raising for liver dogs.  

Received a call from ACTORS & OTHERS FOR ANIMALS.  They are willing to donate $500 if I can get the provider to accept checks AFTER treatment.  So far the University of Tennessee isn't open to that.  But I'll be damned if I'm going to give up so easy.  It's $500!  


I've received pleasant denials from Red Rover (no funds available), Brown Dog (funding suspended at this time), Mosby Foundation (no funds), and Rosie's Fund.  Also received a call from VFTAfoundation.  She was very pleasant -- she was Incredulous that Actors & Others were going to give me so much and congratulated me.  She could give me $50 if, big IF, I could get UT to bill them.  She did give me a couple of other places to try.  


iMom is a place everyone recommends but they require the dog to be 10 days from death to help --- thankfully Max isn't that close -- but I may try to reach them next week and see if there is a middle ground they allow.  


It's hard not to be discouraged, but I keep telling myself that with all the different forms of fundraising I'm doing, it's slowly adding up.


I sold my iPhone5 and then the buyer in Russia backed out.  So I'm starting over again.  Jeez.  


But the candy bar sales are going well, the online fundraiser is up to $300, so it is slowly getting there.  I just hope it's fast enough for Max. 


I've set myself a 'wish list' date of February 25th.  That's the day I'd like to leave for the surgery -- I thought maybe having a date would give me more of a push. 


As if Max isn't a push enough, of course.  


1 comment:

  1. Jacki - Have you tried writing/emailing/calling The Ellen Show? She always does wonderful things for animals.

    ReplyDelete